Monday, January 24, 2011

Swedish Rant

So apparently my blog is getting quite a few hits from the folks back home and around the world.
I thought I would use this time to rant about a few of the not so great things here in Sweden. Don't get me wrong I love Sweden an want to move here, but there are a few things that they can fix.
1. First and foremost as of now it is never sunny, how can they live it is very depressing with no sunlight ever. I mean you can't enjoy your beautiful country when its always dark. And it is always raining or snowing, how am I supposed to enjoy Sweden's beautiful girls if you can't see them or they are indoors.
Next everything is backwards. All the doors are push to open and for some reason they decided that they like to make their doors extremely heavy. Next all this eco friendly stuff is great, but if I can't sit in my room with light or have to put my card on the wall it just ads to the dark and is depressing. And why is that the toilet has two flushing capabilities. I want to flush the toilet not choose how I flush it. And when I want to go to the grocery store they have only bio degradable bags, otherwise you need to pay for them. I almost got arrested because I tried to use a normal bag for my beer for once. Thats another thing, this country is depressing because it always dark, you would think they would sell alcohol that is not in the Systembolaget. I understand that the government wants to control it but come on all we got is drinking. And really I'm not going to go to the bar and spend 40 dollars on a drink, Oh wait I have. Everything is so overly expensive including alcohol, we just want to have a good time with out paying a damn coat fee or over paying for a simple drink. Speaking of drinks, if I don't want to drink I go for water. Well someone decided that they would be brilliant and put bubbles in my water. They were dumb, every time I go to get water it has the stupid bubbles in it and it taste like garbage. It is so bad I don't know how Swede's tolerate it.
Also, they all drive the same cars, they are all hatchback volvo's. Don't you think someone would want a sports car or to be different. And next to that how do they get around, besides public transportation, gas is so expensive its unreal.
These last few things aren't really bad, well kinda. They walk there dogs everywhere, well these dogs go to the bathroom everywhere and for the most part they clean it up, but I've almost stepped in enough dog droppings that it has become a problem. Next they have this thing called a Fica break, I think America should adopt it but, I feel like they never work. If they get bored of a meeting they just call for a break. Next, I have not seen one obese person here in Sweden. This is not a bad thing, how ever in my world not everyone can be fit and skinny and look like supermodels, this is sad because some time I have to go back to the reality I call America.
Don't worry I will have a blog about the things I love. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment