Thursday, January 20, 2011

Southern Peninsula

We first started off the day going to Gothenburg University. We sat in on the SAI conference again and the speeches were surprisingly good, despite the fact that everyone but me fell asleep. Still my favorite thing here is Fica, every day they have a coffee break multiple times, this is cool because it made me appreciate this awful coffee and the fact that everyone is  so laid back.
Then we split to lunch. Gothenburg is beautiful when there is sunlight out. It is almost as all the ugly disappears for a few hours and the gorgeous comes out. ( This includes the girls) Anyways we walked down Haga which is known as the Cafe district and we stopped into this Cafe and I ordered what would be and American Cinnamon roll, but it had its Swedish differences, nonetheless it was awesome.
 Now, it was time for Ascom, like usual we were running around to find the right bus to make it there on time. We arrived at Ascom, outside the city's walls. We were introduced to a lady and she gave us a speech about her company. Surprisingly, the stuff she was talking about on the internet about websites I knew more than her because I designed an wrote my own website, which was kinda cool. After talking to her she realized I was the only true Swede and she told me what Soderholm meant.( my last name) She said it meant South Peninsula, which was a cool piece of information I learned. Then she told me that the best tool you can have is that you should be able to speak many languages. ( And if I wanted a job I should talk to her.)
After Ascom, we headed over to dinner. I was a little skeptical because I am not a fan of the whole fish scene. We arrived and it was in a cool location down by the harbor. The upstairs was set up for us and it was actually visited by the Queen Victoria and the Prime Minister of Sweden.
 Hahahaha, little did I know that I would be grilling the main course of our meals. I was grilling up some Witch, which is a type of fish for those, like me are not seafood enthusiast. Anyways, we all grilled up parts of our dinner and it was surprisingly alright, at least parts of it were. We all complimented the Chef's aka ourselves and enjoyed are dinners. 
 Outside of our dinner place they had this sign that I was fascinated with. Like honestly, is someone here in Sweden going to try and see if their cars float let alone fly.( And they call us stupid Americans) But this sign was up on a pier and Im sure there are better reasons for such a hilarious sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment